Rafael E. Lara, M.A., M.P.S.
845.xxx.xxxx | rafael.lara(at)outlook.com
Bachelor of Science; Pastoral Ministry, Nyack College, Nyack, NY – 2007
Master of Arts; Christian Studies, Crown College, St. Bonifacious, MN – 2011
Master in Professional Studies; Church Development, Alliance Theological Seminary, Nyack, NY – 2013
Assistant Pastor, Lilburn Alliance Church, Lilburn, GA, 7/2013 – Present
- Shared in pastoral care of the church, including congregational care, visitation, counseling, and first-response crisis needs, as well as overseeing all infrastructure ministries.
- Oversaw LIFEGroup ministry, trained leaders & coaches, and helped increase number of LIFEGroups.
- Oversaw worship ministries department, including growing teams from 1 to 4 and overseeing an upgrade to the sound system in the sanctuary.
Worship Ministries Coordinator/Adjunct Professor, Nyack College Nyack, NY, 8/2012 – 6/2013
- Taught undergraduate and graduate Worship courses.
- Trained and oversaw students involved in worship ministries.
- Created & maintained structure for rehearsals for the multiple worship teams.
- Developed & trained the Alliance Theological Seminary worship interns.
- Recruited students for worship ministries.
Associate Pastor – Worship Ministries, Risen King Church Pearl River, NY, 9/2010 – 9/2012
- Coordinated rotating teams for weekly weekend worship service.
- Part of strategic team that re-developed the church via re-branding, revision of mission, and identifying the identity.
- Built relationships with neighbors and business in the community.
Administrative Assistant, Plumbing & Heating LLC Pomona, NY, 10/2010 – 8/2012 VS
- Perform daily administrative duties necessary to the job, including but not limited to, Scheduling, Bank Deposits, Proposals & Estimates, and Email & Phone Communication with Customers.
- Assisted in strategic planning of company’s goal in regards to daily practices. Played part in changing internal processes in order to achieve better effectiveness and efficiency.
Interim Regional Director, Alpha USA for NY & NJ, 4/2010 – 11/2010
- Served as Interim Regional Director in a potential new region for Alpha USA.
- Assessed the region’s resources to better allocate funds and energies in order to promote a healthier view of stewardship.
- Built relationships with stakeholders and campuses to more effectively unite the regions.
Pastor of Worship/Student Ministries Pastor, Allegheny Center Alliance, Pittsburgh, PA, 6/2007 – 12/2009
- Developed and oversaw student ministries’ worship teams.
- Mentored Middle and High School student.
- Coordinated the different vocal and musical teams for main sanctuary and additional venues on church campus for weekend worship services.
Dr. Ron Walborn
Dean, Alliance Theological Seminary
1 South Boulevard, Nyack, New York 10960
845.xxx.xxxx | ronald.walborn(at)nyack.edu
Rev. Kelvin Walker
Lead Pastor, Bedford Community Church
160 Bedford Center Road, Bedford Hills, NY 10507
914.xxx.xxxx | kelvin(at)bedford-community-church.org
Rev. Michael Plunket
Lead Pastor, Risen King Alliance Church
190 New Hempstead Road, New City, NY 10956
845.xxx.xxxx | michael.plunket(at)gmail.com
Rev. Fred Hartley, III
Lead Pastor, Lilburn Alliance Church
5915 Lawrenceville Highway, Tucker, GA 30084
770-xxx.xxxx | fred(at)lilburn4jesus.com
Bachelor of Science, Youth & Family Services: Nyack College, Nyack, NY (2004)
Masters of Arts, International Leadership Studies: Crown College, St. Bonifacious, MN (Exp. 2014)
8/2013 – 1/2014 Carousel Kids Lawrenceville, GA
Afterschool Lead Teacher – Interim
- Supervised 25-30 K-5 school-aged children in afterschool program.
- Provide structured activities for students.
- Help students learn appropriate social behaviors and cope with daily social interaction.
1/2010 – 5/2013 Nyack College Nyack, NY
Resident Director, Coordinator of Leadership Training (1/2011 – 5/2013)
- Managed three female dormitories consisting of approximately 250 residents.
- Directed 10 student RA’s and two part-time support staff members.
- Re-vamped student leadership selection process, creating a 3-year curriculum for student leadership on campus.
Coordinator of Student Activities (1/2010 – 12/2010)
- Assisted with developing and implementing New Student Orientation, recruiting and training orientation leaders (students).
- Provided coordination, development and distribution of comprehensive campus calendar.
- Provided oversight for the campus cafe and work with the student center manager and cafe manager to ensure coordination of events and manage the campus cafe budget.
5/2007 – 12/2009 Allegheny Center Alliance Church Pittsburgh, PA
Student Ministries Pastor
- Coordinated and scheduled multiple programs and events
- Mentored and empowered youth and leaders to serve their communities on a weekly basis.
8/2006 – 5/2007 First Choice Montclair, NJ
- Taught an abstinence curriculum to middle and high school students throughout northern NJ.
- Set up schedules for presentations in various schools.
- Recruited, interviewed and trained volunteers to go into schools and present program to students.
8/2004 – 5/2006 Nyack College Nyack, NY
Student Ministries Coordinator
- Facilitated student-led outreach teams in New York, as well as other nearby cities.
- Oversaw short-term missions teams that went out to other countries and parts of US.
- Managed finances and budgets for all Missions and Watchmen ministry teams.
Certified Facilitator Student Leadership Challenge 2012.
Mrs. Wanda Velez
Dean, Nyack College
1 South Boulevard, Nyack, New York 10960
845.xxx.xxxx | wanda.velez(at)nyack.edu
Mrs. Wanda Walborn
Director of Spiritual Formation, Nyack College
1 South Boulevard, Nyack, NY 10960
845.xxx.xxxx | wanda.walborn(at)nyack.edu
Rev. Scott Wakeley
Director of Student Ministries, Allegheny Center Alliance Church
250 E. Ohio St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212
412.xxx.xxxx | scott.wakeley(at)acac.net